Thursday, July 22, 2010

SO we have some exciting news

We are expecting a baby in January 2011; we have kind kept it pretty quiet since we've lost the last 2 pregnancies we wanted to make sure we got to 12 weeks before sharing our new publically. BUT I really want to thank my huge net work of amazing prayer warriors that have basically kept me sane these past 9 weeks with prayers for our baby’s health and our hearts.


Our journey with infertility has been touched on here briefly before, Tony and I have chosen to focus on the positives and our blessings rather than our losses, but I have to tell you all how totally over the moon with both are over this pregnancy, I can't express the feelings I had on Monday when at our Nuchal scan we finally got to see a fully formed and active baby on the screen, I was smiling from ear to ear with tears in my eyes as the Ultrasound Tech had to be so fast to keep up with the active little monkey growing inside of me.

What an amazing blessing we have been granted. We know we have a long way to go, 27 long weeks still ahead of us.

Please join me as I try over the next 6 months to share our joys and adventures in this pregnancy. I hope my ramblings as a 40 year old soon to be Mumma again don't bore you all to death. I promise I will try my hardest to keep it light hearted and fun.

So that it, it’s been hard for me to keep this a secret from you all, but we just felt that we needed to guard our hearts and those of our friends for just a while until we hit the first of many milestones in this pregnancy.

Hugs and love to your families.

Nicki

5 comments:

  1. Nicki that is fantastic, congratulations! I can't wait to watch this space...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nikki and Tony you must be so excited! Now I get Tony's cryptic answer about you being too sick, to be on the fabric group.
    Well done, will keep positive vibes flowing your way. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello , hello ... Just popping in to say I am going to be a prayer warrior for you guys. Congratulations Nicki & T.
    I am so excited for you.
    It was lovely to hear your news.
    I haven't checked my Google reader for ages because my time was swallowed up with my husband having radiation therapy for 6 wks, He just finished last Tuesday.Praying for a good result.
    Hugs to you & your precious family.
    PS- I had my boys the week before I turned 40 ...though they were 1 month early.
    It doesn't have to be all light hearted & fun ...here for you anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your family, Nicki! You are indeed blessed. But what trials you have had. Just found your blog from the newbies group on AMB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki- Thinking of you --will be watching for more news! Love your stitching projetcs BTW!!!!

    ReplyDelete